Description : Financial Analyst. Company : University of Wyoming. Location : Laramie, WY
Analyze past and present financial data of organization and estimate future revenues and expenditures, applying principles of finance. Perform research and make analyses relative to losses and adverse financial trends and suggest remedial measures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare standard financial analysis projects. Construct charts and graphs regarding revenues, expenses, budgets, trends, and various other financial areas.
- Provide support to the department and university departments in the area of planning and budgeting.
- Prepare projected future revenues and expenditures scenarios to submit to management.
- Assist on the preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts.
- Advise management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Analyze statistics of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- May assist in financial analysis of legislative projects to develop capital improvement budget.
- May act as consultant to management on financial policies, procedures, and applications.
- May assist communities in developing budget and efficient use of funds.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in trainings and other professional development activity.
- Participate in performance-related goal setting and achievement to meet personal and organizational goals and objectives.
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Work Prioritization & Management
- Quality Orientation
- Analysis/Problem Identification
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance or business
Experience: At least 2 years work-related experience
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or other Requirement:
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy found at: https://www.uwyo.edu/risk/_files/docs/offical-vehicle-policy.pdf
- Experience with Oracle Planning & Budgeting or similar enterprise resource system
- Experience with higher education budgeting policies and procedures
- Understanding of accounting policies
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and formulas
- Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated critical thinking and processing skills
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2237 or email [email protected]
Primary Location: US-WY-Laramie
Shift: Day Job :
Hiring Manager:Aaron Robb Courtney
Unposting Date: Sep 30, 2020, 12:59:00 AM